Visit Maintenance Unlock Request process
- EVV Policy Handbook Section 8000 Visit Maintenance
- Refer to 8050 Visit Maintenance Time Frames. This section explains that providers have 95 days from the date of service to make corrections to an EVV visit or create a new visit (if the service provider didn’t use EVV to clock in or out).
- Refer to 8060 Visit Maintenance Unlock Request. This section explains the process and timelines for requesting approval to make corrections to a visit after the 95 day visit maintenance time frame has expired.
- The EVV Visit Maintenance Unlock Request for Program Providers and FMSAs (Excel) can be found on the HHSC EVV webpage.
HCS/TxHmL transition to TMHP – EVV claims impacts
- Information letter 2021-52 explains the new rates for Respite and Day Habilitation.
- Information letter 2022-07 explains some of the key information for transitioning to TMHP.
- The HHSC EVV team is working on additional communication to inform providers of the new billing codes and EVV impacts. EVV claims matching for in-home respite and in-home day habilitation is set to begin on 4/1/2022 (dates of service).
- We are working with the EVV vendors (DataLogic/Vesta and First Data/Authenticare) to publish system-specific information for the transition, such as how to being using the electronic authorizations from TMHP.
EVV Proprietary System Information
During the meeting you all expressed interest in using a provider-operated EVV system (also known as a proprietary system). Here is anotice we published in December 2021 announcing new processes and timelines for this.
- On the TMHP Proprietary Systems webpage you’ll find all of the information you need to get started, including the published list of EVV Proprietary Systems Approved by HHSC in case you are interested in a system that other providers have already been approved to use.
- HHSC Proprietary Systems webpage
EVV Compliance Webinar
2/7/22 optional compliance webinar. It will be recorded and posted on the HHS Learning Portal.